Monday, January 11, 2010

Randomness

Well, I decided about five seconds ago that I wanted to write a blog post, but then I started typing this sentence and realized that I really do not have anything specific in mind to write about. Usually I write with some insight. Today, I feel like being random. Kind of like that bursting-out-into-random-songs-whilst-dancing type of random. Well, not quite exactly like that since I'm lacking energy since finals start tomorrow and I'm trying to cope with the stress of putting finishing touches on some projects and essays, but that's besides the point. You get what I mean.

Speaking of random, though, it's often said that life is random. But in actuality, now that I think about it, it's not, is it? Not when God's in control of it all. He has a purpose for even the most minisule event. Each blade of grass pops up from the ground for a reason (even if that reason is to be eaten by a cow or something like that). He gives us the free will to say things or do things that may seem random to us (i.e. bursting out into song or going out with friends at the last minute), but He always seems to use those things to accomplish something, no matter how small or big the outcome ends up being.

That's strange to think about sometimes. It means that this blog post didn't really, truly, completely randomly happen, since God's using it for a reason (even if that reason is to help me pass time while I wait for videos to upload from my camera so I can finish a video project for school). It's so crazy how big God is, that He could have influence over every area of our lives and yet still give us free decision-making reign!

No comments:

Post a Comment