Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Royalty

The first time it snowed this year, I stood outside at home after school and danced around in the flakes as they gently fell, not caring that I was without a jacket or that my hair would soon be drenched or that I may have looked a little strange if someone driving past my house had caught a glace of me. I had been hoping for snow for the longest time, and here it was, and I felt just like a snow princess or snow fairy or an angel or something, spinning around in circles with flakes dotting my hair as I tried to catch the larger ones on my tongue.

I love winter, even though it can be cold and even though cleaning off my car can be a pain. Maybe it's because I was born in a winter month (February), or maybe it's because I'm a figure skater, or maybe it's simply because that's how God created me. Actually, looking on it now, I know God made me to be this way: to be His little snow princess. I remember as I stood outside that day and looked up to the sky, raising my snow-covered lashes, I smiled and laughed giddily at the idea that Daddy God loves to see me pink-cheeked and bright-eyed from playing around in the snow.

This leads me to believe that we girls are princess of all sorts in God's eyes. If I'm a winter princess, then maybe you, reader, are a summer princess who loves to splash around in water and bask in the sun's warmth all day and frolic outside in the midst of the summer heat. Or maybe you're a spring princess who's crazy in love with brilliant blooms of flowers and the gentle spring breezes and the knowledge that winter's icy chill is finally melting away and the sounds of baby animals chattering to each other. Or maybe you're an autumn princess who adores the glorious color-changes of the leaves on trees, who loves skipping through piles of leaves and enjoying the not-too-hot yet not-too-cold fall air, whose breath catches at the sight of autumn's finest sunsets.

And we are more than seasonal princesses! We can be princesses of nighttime, who love the sight of a clear night full of stars and a bright full moon. Or princesses of animals, or princesses of plant life, or princesses of butterflies and fireflies. I could be a princess year-round, and so can you! (Or, I suppose, if you are male and you are reading this and you actually didn't stop reading this upon seeing the word "princess" in one of the earlier paragraphs, then I shall include you here too: You could be a prince of these things, and you can be one year-round!)

And guess what. We, as God's children, are to inherit His kingdom. Does that not make us princesses and princes automatically? He has adopted us freely out of love; in His eyes, we were made to rule! We really are princesses and princes! We are royalty!

One final, somewhat unrelated note: One day soon, this blog is going to have a baby! (Sorry, that just popped into my head and it made me laugh so I typed it there.) I don't know exactly when as of right now; perhaps I will create it this weekend or next week. It's going to be called His Unfailing Love, and in it I'm going to blog specifically to girls about some awesome stuff. Thanks Tara & Kelly & Lisa for talking to me about doing something like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment