Friday, July 17, 2009

Bits of laughter

So I was reading a magazine I got in the mail today and I ended up reading a few things that were particularly humorous that I figured I might as well share with whoever reads this. After all, everyone could always use a laugh. Laughing is good for you!

"'We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.'" -W.H. Auden

"'I can't understand why people don't think God has a sense of humor, given 1 Samuel 5:9, where the Lord strikes all the Philistines with hemorrhoids.'" -Susan Sparks

"'Read the Bible. It will scare the Hell out of you.'" -Random sign in front of a church

"[Azhar] Usman tells the story of a friend who said he wasn't interested in organized religion: 'So I said, great, become a Muslim; we're the most disorganized people on Earth.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment