Monday, May 31, 2010

A friend indeed

A short couple of months ago, I became friends with someone who has since become one of my favorite people to talk to. The events leading up to my acknowledgement of this friend's existence were odd, to say the least, and yet somehow it shows, to me, how God can place certain people in one's life at specific points in time for special reasons.

For me, this friend has not only been there for joking and laughter, but also for listening and questioning. This friend has helped me realize the importance of truthfulness, a quality that I valued before and now value more than ever. This friend has played Devil's Advocate numerous times in an effort to show me the loopholes in my arguments about whatever we have been discussing, and has also helped keep me accountable for many of my actions. And how refreshing it is to sit down to a frank (even brutally honest) conversation with someone who can give you a second perspective of yourself!

If you are this friend (and you know who you are, if you are) and you are reading this, know that you have made a greater difference in my life than you think. I thank God for you daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment